Mobile internet traffic is the hot topic of the day. Have you ever wondered what percentage of internet traffic is mobile? You probably might have. Hence, to help you out, we’ve compiled some of the most recent stats and facts about mobile traffic to improve your strategy in 2022 and beyond.
Let’s take a look at the stats below!
Mobile Percentage of Website Traffic Stats Highlights
- More than 60% of search traffic came from mobile devices in 2021.
- Mobile site visitors overtook desktop site visitors in 2017.
- As of 2022, 57.38% of all web traffic came through mobile phones.
- 61% of mobile users will never return to a website if it is not mobile adaptive.
- People spend around 5 hours a day on their smartphones.
On This Page
- 1 Mobile Website Traffic – Key Stats
- 1.1 More than 60% of search traffic came from mobile devices in 2021.
- 1.2 Mobile site visitors overtook desktop site visitors in 2017.
- 1.3 As of 2022, 57.38% of all web traffic came through mobile phones.
- 1.4 61% of mobile users will never return to a website if it is not mobile adaptive.
- 1.5 Mobile internet usage stats reveal that People spend around 5 hours a day on their smartphones.
- 1.6 80% of the top-ranked websites are mobile-friendly.
- 2 Additional Mobile Internet Traffic Stats
- 3 Wrapping Up
Mobile Website Traffic – Key Stats
Now let’s dive into the stats a bit further.
More than 60% of search traffic came from mobile devices in 2021.
As smartphones are easy to operate, most users browse on mobile devices. Statistics show that more than 60% of web traffic came from mobile devices in 2021, and 40% of smartphone users are more likely to browse or purchase products from vendors with a quality mobile web experience. Moreover, daily time spent on mobile phones increases yearly, and people are getting more attached to their devices.
Mobile site visitors overtook desktop site visitors in 2017.
For some to win, others must lose. The rise in the percentage of web traffic on mobile has had an immense impact on desktop web traffic. In 2012, nearly all web traffic came through desktops (89.12%). The very first time the percentage of web traffic on mobile exceeded that of desktop came in November 2017, when 50.7% of overall internet traffic came from mobile phones, just a little more than desktop at 49.3 percent.
As of 2022, 57.38% of all web traffic came through mobile phones.
Web traffic used to be dominated by desktops, but since 2017 that hasn’t been the case as more people switched to mobile devices. In 2022, 57.38% of all web traffic came from mobile devices. Businesses need to simplify the design and layout of their websites to make them mobile-friendly. Having a mobile responsive website or app is critical to delivering a great customer experience.
61% of mobile users will never return to a website if it is not mobile adaptive.
Nowadays, a website optimized for mobile devices is a must if you want to expand your audience and grow. Bad mobile experience leads to people losing interest and looking for other options. As per recent stats, 61% of shoppers say they will never return to a website if it’s not mobile adaptive. In short, if your e-commerce website is not up to snuff in terms of mobile design, you are actively turning away visitors.
Mobile internet usage stats reveal that People spend around 5 hours a day on their smartphones.
The mobile market has seen a significant transformation since the invention of mobile devices. The more we use it – the more we need it. These gadgets have ensured that customers don’t seek elsewhere for their internet demands. Businesses/organizations can generate profit by optimizing marketing campaigns for mobile users, as almost everyone owns a smartphone these days.
80% of the top-ranked websites are mobile-friendly.
Customers on mobile are not as patient as customers on other devices. They expect websites to load as fast as possible. They also want websites to be easily navigable and to provide whatever information is needed in no time. You lose a percentage of your site visitors for every second of delay. Plus, Google prioritizes mobile-friendly sites, which control more than 90% of search traffic on the internet.
Additional Mobile Internet Traffic Stats
- Mobile internet has grown 504% in daily media consumption since 2011.
- Video apps aggregated the most mobile internet data in 2021 – 66.2%.
- 83% of mobile users expect a flawless experience whenever they visit a website with any mobile device.
- In 2020, Nigeria had the highest percentage of mobile web traffic – 75.1%.
- Mobile devices are responsible for more than 70% of watch time happening on YouTube.
- Google is responsible for 96% of search traffic coming from mobile.
- 70% of the searches made on mobile phones lead to online action.
Mobile devices are not going away anytime soon, and they seem to be growing in popularity and usage. As smartphones improve every year, they’re proving to be an increasingly appealing opportunity for businesses around the globe. It’s safe to say that mobile already has the upper hand regarding how we consume data. Hence, your marketing strategy needs to be mobile-oriented. Mobile optimized websites get more unique clicks – and make the most out of them in terms of profit.
That’s all for today. See you again.