This article will look at some valuable virtual assistant stats and trends you should be aware of in 2022.
Virtual Assistant Stats Highlights
- Hiring a virtual assistant can decrease companies’ costs by 78%.
- 50% of the US workforce is forecasted to be virtual professionals by 2028.
- 59% of virtual assistants are full-time employees.
- 49% of companies hiring VAs have more than 1,000 employees.
- Over 50% of the employees work outside the office at least 2.5 days per week.
On This Page
- 1 Virtual Assistant – Key Stats
- 1.1 Companies can save 78% of their costs by hiring a virtual assistant.
- 1.2 50% of the US workforce is forecasted to be virtual professionals by 2028.
- 1.3 59% of virtual assistants are full-time employees.
- 1.4 49% of companies hiring VAs have more than 1,000 employees.
- 1.5 Over 50% of the employees work outside the office at least 2.5 days per week.
- 1.6 Nearly 60% of virtual assistants are college graduates.
- 1.7 On average, remote workers are 13% more productive.
- 2 Additional Virtual Assistant Stats
- 3 Wrapping Up
Virtual Assistant – Key Stats
Now let’s dive into the stats a bit deeper.
Companies can save 78% of their costs by hiring a virtual assistant.
Hiring a virtual assistant eliminates the need for renting an office space, internet subscription services, and other sundry expenses involved in maintaining an employee workforce and ends up saving 78% of the company’s costs per year, which is far from insignificant. That means hiring a VA is three times cheaper than hiring an employee. Operating costs related to employee training can be averted since a virtual assistant is only hired based on the specific skill set needed.
50% of the US workforce is forecasted to be virtual professionals by 2028.
A 2021 Statista study found over 67 million freelancers in the US. This is predicted to reach over 90 million by the year 2028. Over 50% of the US workforce will be virtual professionals by 2028.
59% of virtual assistants are full-time employees.
Virtual assistant jobs can be full-time, part-time, freelance, or temporary. Although some freelance virtual assistants work with more than one client, most are committed to their job. 59% of virtual assistants transform their work into full-time jobs. The remaining 41.1% of part-time virtual assistants still juggle their work with their primary job.
49% of companies hiring VAs have more than 1,000 employees.
Although virtual assistants are in high demand among businesses of all sizes, virtual assistant statistics show large companies with over 1,000 employees often turn to VAs.
Over 50% of the employees work outside the office at least 2.5 days per week.
Although the 9 to 5 office workday still exists in many companies, many businesses are shifting toward a remote work policy. More than 50% of workers take advantage of that opportunity and don’t work from the office for 2.5 days or more. Statistics on virtual assistants further reveal that 85% of virtual workers reported feeling more productive when working from home.
Nearly 60% of virtual assistants are college graduates.
Modern society has changed how we work and look for a job. Many skilled professionals have chosen to work remotely as virtual assistants. Data suggest that nearly 60% of virtual assistants are college graduates. They no longer limit themselves to administrative skills and tasks. They can handle multiple responsibilities, including social media marketing, customer support, etc.
On average, remote workers are 13% more productive.
Since virtual assistants often work from the comfort of their own homes, they have more time to manage their work and personal tasks in the most efficient way possible. Also, statistics show that most remote workers are less distracted at home than they would be in the office and, therefore, can focus and get things done.
Additional Virtual Assistant Stats
- 65% of virtual assistants work in a private company.
- The Philippines has most of the world’s virtual assistants at 13%.
- Freelance virtual assistants working through online marketplaces increased their bookings by 16% in 2020.
- 67% of Business Owners Hired at Least One Virtual Assistant in 2021.
- The most in-demand virtual assistant services are marketing and sales.
- About 85% of freelancers, including virtual assistants, have a business website.
- Married virtual assistants account for 69.3% of the workforce.
As long as you are stuck in the day-to-day work, your business won’t be able to scale beyond. Hiring a VA will be indispensable in helping you grow your business. Additionally, virtual assistants have several statistically proven benefits, including increased productivity, cost efficiency, and employee satisfaction.
Hopefully, these virtual assistant statistics can help you keep up with the changing VA market.