Instagram has evolved significantly over the years and is still growing. The photo-sharing app has gone a long way from being a favorite for vacationers sharing their holiday pictures to now appealing to all influencers, advertisers, and brands.
Are you wondering what age group of people most frequently uses Instagram?
To help you out, we’ve gathered some latest Instagram users’ data and stats to be aware of in 2022 and beyond.
Let’s take a look at the Instagram users’ chart.
According to Statista, roughly 31 percent of global Instagram audiences were aged between 25 and 34 years as of April 2022. This is followed by 18-24-year-olds, who are the second most populous group in the Instagram usage world. And around 65+ year-olds make up the least number of Instagram users at only 2.1%.
Now that you know users’ data let’s see some of the Instagram Users’ Stats.
Instagram Users Stats Highlights
- Nearly 32% of Instagram users globally are between 25 and 34 years old.
- Around 500 million accounts use Instagram Stories daily.
- 81% of people use Instagram to research products and services.
- There are 2 billion active monthly users on Instagram.
- India has over 230 million Instagram users, the largest share worldwide.
On This Page
- 1 Instagram Users – Key Stats
- 1.1 Nearly 32% of Instagram users globally are between 25 and 34 years old.
- 1.2 Around 500 million accounts use Instagram Stories daily.
- 1.3 81% of people use Instagram to research products and services.
- 1.4 There are 2 billion active monthly users on Instagram.
- 1.5 60% of Instagram users discover products via Instagram.
- 1.6 India has over 230 million Instagram users, the largest share worldwide.
- 2 Additional Instagram Stats
- 3 Wrapping Up
Instagram Users – Key Stats
Let’s dive into the stats a bit deeper.
Nearly 32% of Instagram users globally are between 25 and 34 years old.
When dividing Instagram users by age, we can conclude this segment is the most prominent segment of the global population. 30.2% of people between 18 and 24 years old are the most common Instagram users. These two groups combined represent nearly two-thirds of all platform users. And around 65+ people account for 2.1% of Instagram users.
Around 500 million accounts use Instagram Stories daily.
Instagram first introduced stories in 2016, and more than 500 million users now access it daily. Users can post photos and videos to their Stories stream, and the content is live for others to view for 24 hours before it disappears. Around 58% of Instagram users claim to have become more interested in a brand/product after seeing it in Stories. Instagram Stories directly competes with Snapchat, another photo-sharing app that initially became famous due to its “vanishing photos” feature.
81% of people use Instagram to research products and services.
Instagram was launched in 2010, eight years after LinkedIn and four years after Twitter, but has already surpassed both platforms with over two billion monthly active users. Not only do its multiple posting formats make it a versatile platform for marketing, but also, Instagram encourages and informs customers, with 81% of people using the platform to research before purchase and 50% of people visiting a website to purchase after seeing a product or service on the app.
There are 2 billion active monthly users on Instagram.
With massive growth over the past decade, Instagram statistics unveil that more than 2 billion people are actively using the platform. It crossed the 2 billion mark in 2021, only three years after it crossed the 1 billion mark in 2018-the majority of the audience hail from India, followed by the US and Brazil. According to Statista reports, more female Instagram users have dominated the platform, making up 51.6% of the Instagram population.
60% of Instagram users discover products via Instagram.
Instagrammers actively search for products that deliver a perfect visual experience on this platform. More than half of users have discovered a new product while scrolling through the app. It is a great channel to build brand aesthetics, reach people with relevant interests, and promote products.
Looking at Instagram users by country data, India comes in first, followed by the US, with almost 160 million active users, and Brazil, which has close to 120 million. While the figures for the US do not seem to change, India recorded approximately 20 million new users between October 2020 and January 2021 and then 100 million more between 2021 and 2022. Based on these numbers, it is clear that the platform’s audience and reach are growing rapidly in most countries outside the US.
Additional Instagram Stats
- The average Instagram engagement rate in January 2022 was 1.94%.
- Two hundred million Instagram users visit a business profile at least once daily.
- Brands posting stores on Instagram have an 85% completion rate, meaning most viewers watch their stores until the end.
- The average American Instagram user spends 29 minutes per day on the platform.
- 67% of people in the category of 18-24-year-olds use Instagram multiple times a day.
- Instagram is the best means for a brand to communicate new products, according to 73% of surveyed teens.
- Over a quarter of the US’s 18-24 years old use Instagram to access news.
Instagram continues to grow by leaps and bounds. While it was only a photo-sharing platform once popular with teens, it has grown to become one of the most popular social media sites worldwide, with females using 51.6% and males 48.4%. The number of Instagram users will only increase in the coming years because of its unprecedented growth.
We hope you found these Instagram users’ data and stats helpful.
That’s all for today.