Today, Pinterest is one of the most popular social media platforms for communicating, getting inspiration, and discovering new ideas. Want to know more about Pinterest? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, you’ll find valuable Pinterest stats and facts you need to know in 2022 and beyond.
Let’s take a look at the stats below!
Pinterest Stats Highlights
- 9 out of 10 Pinners described Pinterest as filled with positivity.
- 93% of active Pinterest users said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases.
- 50% of Pinterest users purchase after seeing a Promoted pin.
- 85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.
- Pinterest had over 440 million monthly active users in 2021.
On This Page
- 1 Pinterest – Key Stats
- 1.1 Pinterest is described as being filled with positivity by 9 out of 10 Pinners.
- 1.2 It is estimated that 93% of active Pinterest users use it to plan their purchases.
- 1.3 50% of Pinterest users have purchased after seeing a Promoted pin.
- 1.4 Pinterest had over 440 million monthly active users in 2021.
- 1.5 85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.
- 1.6 97% of top Pinterest searches are unbranded.
- 2 Additional Pinterest Stats
- 3 Wrapping Up
Pinterest – Key Stats
Now let’s dive into the stats a bit deeper.
Pinterest is described as being filled with positivity by 9 out of 10 Pinners.
Pinterest may be the last positive corner of the internet. It is not a medium that is intended to be used daily but mainly to get inspiration. According to Omnicore, users feel that the medium has a positive vibe. Almost 9 out of 10 Pinners described Pinterest as filled with positivity. And 85% said Pinterest is where they go when they want to start a new project. Only 26% said the same about other social media channels.
It is estimated that 93% of active Pinterest users use it to plan their purchases.
People often turn to Pinterest for fashion, home decor, or beauty inspiration, so it makes sense that Pinterest would be a viable platform for social commerce. In fact, 93% of active Pinterest users said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases, and 87% said they’d purchased something because of Pinterest. People make purchases from both desktop and mobile devices.
50% of Pinterest users have purchased after seeing a Promoted pin.
2/3rds have discovered a new brand, service, or product they might not have otherwise known about, thanks to a Promoted Pin. If you have a business account on Pinterest, you could consider putting money behind a pin to increase visibility and reach, similar to paying for an ad on Facebook.
Pinterest had over 440 million monthly active users in 2021.
Pinterest is mainly a creative platform. It has recently become the third-largest social network in the U.S. With its popularity on the rise, it had over 440 million monthly active users in 2021, who have pinned more than 240 billion posts to date. What makes it stand out from the rest of its contemporaries is the focus on the discovery and curation of not just your but also someone else’s content.
85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.
While people use Pinterest differently, a significant percentage of Pinners are planners. Often, people come to the platform when they are in the early stages of a project or purchase decision. In addition, 80% of weekly Pinners say they’ve discovered a new brand or product on the platform. So, not only is it a great discovery tool, but it’s also a way for brands to build their narrative through visual stories.
97% of top Pinterest searches are unbranded.
Pinterest shows that around 97% of top searches are unbranded. The pinners and viewers are open to discussing new ideas and products. Because of this, Pinterest has become a valuable medium for companies. It is an excellent signal to advertise your brand on the platform. This way, the audience could discover new ideas and products without investing in major marketing campaigns.
Additional Pinterest Stats
- Over 5% of all referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest.
- Germany is the second-largest market for Pinterest users, with 17.5 million users.
- The median age of a Pinterest user is 40; however, most active pinners are below 40.
- Pinterest is ranked the 10th most relevant brand in the US.
- Pinterest had 433 million active monthly users worldwide in Q1 of 2022.
- Gen Z users continue to grow on Pinterest, making up nearly 21 million.
- While women make up 60% of Pinterest’s core audience, male users have risen by 40%.
Pinterest is an effective platform that any marketer can use to drive engagement and sales in business. Given the Pinterest stats we’ve highlighted, it would be a wasted opportunity to ignore the potential of Pinterest and its ability to connect and reach millions of users worldwide, especially if your competitors are already doing so.
Hopefully, the above Pinterest statistics will help you to plan a better, data-driven social media marketing campaign.
That’s all for now. See you again.