By default, WooCommerce allows your customers to pick any quantity of a product, add it to the cart, and then proceed to checkout. But what if you want your customers to buy a minimum or a maximum number of products before checking out?
Having this feature can be super useful if you are an online wholesaler or sell your products at discounted rates and only make profits in bulk purchases. In either case, you will need to install a product quantity plugin for WooCommerce.
Once installed and enabled, these plugins will let you define a minimum and maximum limit for your products. Customers will have to purchase at least, or as much as the defined amount, or else they won’t be allowed to make the purchase.
And so, for this read, we have put together a list of the top 10 WooCommerce plugins for setting minimum order quantity.
We made sure to keep the list as diverse as possible, giving you access to premium feature-rich options, as well as many simple, easy-to-manage, and free alternatives. You are bound to find something that meets your needs and requirements.
So without further ado, let’s get started:
On This Page
- 1 Top 5 Paid WooCommerce Minimum Order Quantity Plugins
- 2 Top 5 Free WooCommerce Minimum Quantity Plugins
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Paid WooCommerce Minimum Order Quantity Plugins
Starting off, we have the 5 best paid WooCommerce plugins for setting a minimum order quantity. These plugins will give you access to tons of advanced features for premium pricing.
We recommend choosing one of these tools to quickly grow and scale your WooCommerce website and ‘Woo’ your customers with an awesome user experience.
Min-Max Quantity is a module inside the Woo Booster (Formerly OptimizeForm) plugin for WordPress. So what’s Woo Booster? Well, it’s a powerful suite of tools and utilities meant to supercharge your WooCommerce website.
It comes with 10 powerful modules to add advanced functionalities to your WooCommerce store, including a module for setting a minimum and maximum quantity limit on your products. In fact, the Min/Max Quantities module does much more than that.
You can use it to set a minimum and maximum limit for individual products or the full cart. It also allows you to set up custom rules to dynamically set the min and max quantities based on different criteria and then assign them to different user roles.
Here’s a more detailed look at the feature set of the Min-Max Quantity module:
- Set a minimum and/or maximum limit for a product or total cart quantity.
- Set a default quantity on a global or product level. This way, if you add new products to your store, they will automatically have a min and max order limit.
- Add order increments to all or specific products that you want to sell in batches.
- Set custom minimum, maximum, and quantity rules.
- Assign user roles to specific order rules. For example, you can have a rule for your B2C customer but another rule for B2B or wholesale customers.
You can not purchase the Min-Max Quantities module as a standalone plugin. It needs to be purchased with the Woo Booster plugin, which starts at $19/year for a single site license.
If you are only looking for a plugin to set up minimum and maximum order limits for products, this can be overkill. However, if you are trying to grow a large business and want access to a powerful suite of tools to help you, Woo Booster is highly recommended.
YITH is a well-known and trusted name in the WooCommerce community, and here we have their YITH WooCommerce Minimum Maximum Quantity plugin. It’s a simple yet powerful tool for helping you set up a minimum and maximum order limit for products on your website.
The plugin lets you create complex rules to specify how many of which products a customer can purchase. This gives you a deep level of control over your wholesale website, allowing you to provide a better user experience.
Here’s a quick look at some of the main features offered by the plugin.
- Set a min and max quantity for the products required in the cart. This can be done for specific products or products assigned to a category or tag.
- Set a min and max spend amount for the total cart value. The spending limit can also be adjusted based on products belonging to particular tags or categories.
- Set up quantity restrictions for variable products based on the total sum of all variations.
- Display purchase rules straight on the product page to avoid customer confusion.
- Enable a quantity/amount error message when clicking the “Add to Cart” button. Option to create a custom error message.
- Create specific purchase rules for individual products. Exclude specific products from purchase rules.
The YITH WooCommerce Minimum Maximum Quantity plugin costs $59.99 for a yearly license.
All in One Product Quantity for WooCommerce
All in One Product Quantity for WooCommerce is a feature-packed plugin from WPFactory with tons of awesome bells and whistles.
For starters, it lets you define a minimum, maximum, step, and default quantity for all or specific products in your WooCommerce store. But that’s not all; it will also let you set up dropdowns, show quantities on archive pages, use decimal quantities, and so much more.
The plugin is designed to give you complete control over managing quantities at the product level, category level, or even the cart & order level. Here’s a more in-depth look at its feature set to help you get an idea of what it has to offer.
- Set minimum and maximum order limits for specific products, all products, total cart size, or products belonging to a category.
- Define increment/step of your products based on order level, category, or all product levels.
- Set up a default minimum quantity (1 is the default) for specific or all products on your website.
- Enable/disable fixed quantities so customers can only purchase a set quantity of a product that you have pre-approved.
- Allow users to use a dropdown menu to select the number of products they want to buy. Mixed with the “fixed quantities” feature, you can showcase a set number of quantities a customer can buy, e.g., 5,10,15, etc.
- Show price on product page based on the total quantity selected.
- Show price breakdown for total cart price in case the customer bought a bunch of different products in different quantities.
Prices for the All in One Product Quantity for WooCommerce plugin start at $39.99/year for a single site license. However, for just $59.99, you can get a single site license to use the plugin for a lifetime.
Barn2 WooCommerce Quantity Manager
With the WooCommerce Quantity Manager plugin from Barn2, you get access to tons of additional tools and options to give you granular control over product quantity rules.
The plugin lets you set a minimum and maximum limit for products and the total order limit. You also get to configure a step value, a default minimum product quantity, and many more advanced spending rules.
You can also set error messages and customize the error messages to inform the users if they don’t meet or exceed the order limit. This little addition can improve the user experience ten folds, as your customers won’t be left scratching their heads on why they can’t place an order.
- Set a minimum and maximum order limit and spend limit for checkouts.
- Set up step/increment values for adding more products. This can be interval-based or multiples. Customers must purchase products in these predefined quantity groupings.
- Set a default quantity for all products or specific products. Customers must at least purchase this default number of products.
- Enable an error message and/or prompt to guide the users that they need to purchase the correct quantity of products to proceed to checkout. Customize the error message as you want.
- Option to configure purchase rules globally for either the entire order, or per category, or particular products, or specific product variations.
A single site license for Barn2 WooCommerce Quantity Manager will cost you $79/year.
- Min/Max Quantities
Min/Max Quantities is a product quantity plugin developed by WooCommerce. It’s a simple yet effective plugin that lets you define min and max quantity limits for orders and products.
You are given a clean and minimal UI from where you can define a min and max order quantity or spend amount during checkout. You can also specify a min and max order limit on a per-product basis or products belonging to a particular category.
If a customer doesn’t meet your defined ordering restrictions, the plugin will show an error message to guide the user and make sure their order falls inside your set limits.
- Configure a minimum and maximum limit for the total quantity of products in the cart or the total cost of cart items.
- Set a minimum and maximum order limit on a product level or for products belonging to a particular category.
- Create predefined order (multiples or groups) packages, allowing customers to purchase only that number of products. For e.g., set a rule where customers must buy in multiples of 5. And so they can’t order 6 or 7 quantities of the same product.
- It shows an error message if the customer didn’t select an appropriate product quantity and clicked on the “add to cart” or “order now” button.
Min/Max Quantities by WooCommerce costs $29 for a yearly subscription with direct support from the WooCommerce team.
Top 5 Free WooCommerce Minimum Quantity Plugins
Up next, let’s take a look at the top 5 free WooCommerce plugins for setting minimum quantity during checkout. These plugins aren’t as featureful as some of the other options we discussed above. However, all of them nail the basics, which should be more than enough if you are just starting.
Furthermore, we have included a couple of freemium options in the list as well. A freemium plugin offers a free base plugin with the option to upgrade to a more advanced Pro version. These options should help you get started and then scale to a more powerful tool with a familiar interface as your business grows.
Booster for WooCommerce
Booster for WooCommerce, formerly known as WooCommerce jetpack, is a powerful WooCommerce extension intended to add advanced features to your WooCommerce store. It has a free version and a paid version, both of which feature a lot of useful tools, including the option to set min and max limits for product ordering.
The free version is a bit limited in its functionalities. In terms of setting up minimum product order limits, you can use it to define a minimum order amount by user role (guest, admin, and customer roles only) and a min and max value for total cart quantity. It also offers limit support for setting up a minimum spend limit on total cart value.
However, you will need to upgrade to its premium version if you want to set a min and max value for the total order limit per item and unlock all the other advanced features.
- Set a minimum and maximum limit for total cart quantity.
- Set a minimum and maximum order limit on a per-product/item basis. (Pro)
- Set a minimum order quantity by user role. The free version only supports Guest, Admin, and Customer user roles.
- Set a minimum spend limit on total cart value. (More advanced option in Pro version)
You can get the free plugin by downloading and installing it from your WordPress backend dashboard. It is a great option if you are looking for a free plugin that will supercharge your WooCommerce store and also give you basic control over setting up minimum order limits.
However, if you are looking for a bit more option in managing your product quantity limits, then we recommend checking out the other plugins below. Or, of course, you can always get the Booster for WooCommerce pro version, which starts at $8.99/month for a single website.
Berocket WooCommerce Min/Max Quantity
Similar to the last plugin, the Berocket WooCommerce Min/Max Quantity plugin follows a premium model. However, unlike the previous option, here, the free version is much more feature-packed when it comes to setting up product quantity limits on your WooCommerce store.
The free plugin gives you the option to set up minimum & maximum quantity and cost limits on individual products, product variations, cart total, and products on sale. It also lets you set up a custom error message and a basic text message to inform users about your product quantity rules.
By going with the paid version, you will unlock a few more useful features like the option to set product quantity limit based on product category, user role, or for products sharing a specific attribute. It also allows you to exclude certain products from the set rule.
- Set minimum and maximum quantity limits for individual products, product variations, total products in the cart.
- Set a minimum and maximum cost limit for products in the cart.
- Create a custom error message and text message to inform users about product rules.
- Set minimum and maximum quantity limit and cost limit based on product groups, products from particular categories, and products sharing an attribute. (Pro)
- Create infinite groups of products. (Pro)
- Exclude certain products from a group. (Pro)
You can download and install the free version from your WordPress backend dashboard.
For the pro version, visit their official website. The plugin starts at $34 for a single site license and access to lifetime updates.
Min Max Quantity & Step Control Single
Min Max Quantity & Step Control Single is a completely free-to-use WordPress plugin to help you define and control product limits on your WooCommerce store. It’s a super simple plugin, both in terms of UI and functionality.
Once installed, the plugin will set up a new “Min Max & Step” tab under the Products section in your WordPress backend dashboard. From here, you can define the minimum quantity, maximum quantity, and quantity step (the number of products increased when the user presses the “+” button to add more quantity) for the product you are editing.
If you have tons of products on your WooCommerce and want a plugin that will help you set up product quantity rules on a global scale then this isn’t the option for you.
But suppose you are a new user with limited products and don’t mind manually setting up different (or same) product quantity limits for each product. In that case, this plugin offers a simple and effective way to get the job done!
- Set minimum and maximum order limits on a per-product basis.
- Set a quantity increment/step for a product.
WPC Product Quantity for WooCommerce
WPC Product Quantity for WooCommerce throws almost all of its features into its free plugin, saving just a few advanced options for its pro version.
You can use the free plugin to define a minimum and maximum quantity limit for the total number of products in your cart or the total cart value. It also lets you define a default quantity value for your products, set up a product step/increment value, and even enable decimal step values for your quantities.
Other than this, there’s an option to replace the default product quantity selector with Select or Radio buttons. You can set a range of values and a predefined separate value for Select/Radio buttons as well.
Now the important thing to note is that all these product quantity rules will apply globally. If you want to customize the product quantity rule for individual products and product variation, then you will need to get the pro version.
- Set a minimum and maximum limit for a total number of products in the cart, or total cart value.
- Set a predefined value for the quantity input.
- Set a step/increment product quantity value. Supports decimal increments/steps.
- Replace the default product quantity selector with Select/Radio buttons.
- Set a range of values for the Select/Radio buttons. Choose one of these values as the default.
- Allow individual product quantity rules for every single product and product variations. (Pro)
- Access to fast and dedicated customer support. (Pro)
The base plugin is free, and you can download and install it from your WordPress backend dashboard.
For the pro version, you need to visit the WPClever official website. Pricing starts at $29/year for a single site license.
Product Quantity by PI Websolution
And last but not least, we have Product Quantity by PI Websolution. The free version of the plugin is quite powerful, and the pro version with all its advanced bells and whistles is also on the affordable side.
For free, the plugin lets you set a global level minimum and maximum product quantity purchase limit and the cart total. There’s also an option to exclude certain products from this quantity rule; however, that’s only limited to 2 products on the free version. Other than this, you can also set up an error message to guide the users that they are yet to meet the minimum order limit, and so they can’t progress to checkout.
With the pro version, you get the option to set up different min and max product quantity limits for each individual product and products based on certain categories. The WooCommerce cart can also be reconfigured to send the customer back to the product page if they have not met the minimum order limit.
- Set a global level minimum and maximum limit for product quantity and cart total.
- In the free version, exclude 2 products from the global product limit rule.
- Create individual minimum and maximum product quantity limits for each product individually or based on a product category. (Pro)
- Enable minimum amount restriction on the cart. Show a warning message if the customer doesn’t meet the minimum cart amount.
- Show warning message as an Ajax-powered pop-up. (Pro)
- Show a minimum-amount circular progress bar to visually show customers how much more they need to add to the cart.
- Customize the warning message and circular progress bar. (Pro)
- Set step/increment product quantity. (Pro)
- Enable cart redirect to the product page if the customer doesn’t meet the minimum order limit. (Pro)
You can download the free version of the plugin straight from your WordPress dashboard.
Whereas to download the pro version, you will need to visit their official website. A single site license for 1 year costs $16, whereas if you purchase it for 2 years, it will cost you $25.
So this was our look at the top 10 WooCommerce plugins for setting minimum order quantity. We hope you found this list useful and that it helped you in finding the perfect product quantity plugin for your WooCommerce website.
As you can see, we have put together a perfect blend of free, premium, and freemium options to ensure there’s something for everyone. However, if you are still having some issues figuring out which one to pick, here are our recommendations.
If money is no issue, and you are trying to build a powerful eCommerce presence, with a product quantity manager being just a piece of the puzzle, then WooSuite is the plugin for you.
On the flip side, if you are still looking for a premium plugin but something on the affordable side, and don’t need any extra features besides the ability to control product quantity limits, the Min/Max Quantities from WooCommerce is a solid option.
Finally, suppose you are just starting out and looking for a simple, hassle-free option as you are not yet too comfortable or proficient with WooCommerce – yet. In that case, you can go with “Min Max Quantity & Step Control Single” or “WPC Product Quantity for WooCommerce.” Both of these are excellent beginner-friendly and free options for consideration.