In this article, I will teach how to create a WooCommerce product enquiry form using the Request a Quote plugin. The product enquiry form allows customers to enquire about a particular product. It is one of the most accessible forms of lead generation to get a contestant stream of targeted prospects interested in your product or service. You will be emailed when the questions are sent through the form.
On This Page
- 1 How To Create Product Enquiry Form
- 1.1 Step 1: Install and Activate the Woosuite Core Plugin
- 1.2 Step 2: Install Request a Quote Plugin
- 1.3 Step 3: Add a New Rule
- 1.4 Step 4: Add Rule Name and Type
- 1.5 Step 5: Add User Roles
- 1.6 Step 6: Select Products
- 1.7 Step 6: Add a Quote Button
- 1.8 Step 7: Publish and View the Form
- 1.9 Step 8: Verify the Enquiry Form
- 2 Conclusion
How To Create Product Enquiry Form
Now, let’s move to the steps where we will use the Request a Quote plugin to enable the product enquiry form on the site.
Step 1: Install and Activate the Woosuite Core Plugin
You have to download the Woosuite Core plugin to your device and upload it to the site.
To upload, go to Plugins>>Add New>>Upload Plugin. Then choose a zip file of the plugin, and click Install Now.
After the installation is complete, activate the plugin.
Step 2: Install Request a Quote Plugin
Now, you need to install the Request a Quote plugin.
Go to Woosuite>>Add Ons and click Install Now on the Request a Quote plugin.
After it is installed, activate it.
Step 3: Add a New Rule
You have to create quote rules where you can manage the settings for the enquiry form.
Go to Woosuite>>Request a Quote and click Add New Rule.
Step 4: Add Rule Name and Type
After that, you need to put a name for the rule (e.g., Enquiry Form). There are two options available for this rule type.
- Quote Rule for Guest Users: With this option, the rule will only apply to guest users.
- Quote Rule for Registered Users: Use this option to create the rule for registered users. You also get to choose user roles later.
You can set the rule priority for each rule. It defines which rule should be used for the product. The rule with high priority will be applied when there are multiple rules for the same product. (The value ranges from high priority 1 to low priority 10)
Step 5: Add User Roles
In Quote for User Roles, you can select the users for applying the rule.
Step 6: Select Products
There are three options for you to select products.
- Apply on all products: You can choose this option to apply the rule for all products. If you select this option, other options will disappear.
- Quote Rule for Selected Products: You can search and choose the products to apply the rule for those particular products.
- Quote Rule for Selected Categories: It allows you to select the categories to apply the rule.
Here, we will be applying the rule to all products. Below that is a hide price option, which allows you to hide the price of a product.
Step 6: Add a Quote Button
The next option is the Hide Add to Cart button, where you can choose from four options.
- Replace the Add to Cart button with a Quote Button: The Add to Cart button is replaced with a Quote Button.
- Keep Add to Cart button and add a new Quote Button: You can use this option to keep both Add to Cart button and a new Quote Button.
- Replace Add to Cart with a custom button: Use this option to replace Add to Cart with your custom button.
- Keep Add to Cart and add a new custom button: You can also add a new custom button while keeping Add to Cart.
You also get to label the custom button or quote button.
Step 7: Publish and View the Form
After completing all the above steps, you can publish the form to apply the rule. Now, visit your shop to see the form.
Step 8: Verify the Enquiry Form
As we have already set up our product enquiry form, now let’s verify it.
Go to your shop and click on any Product. You will find the Enquire button near Add to Cart button.
Click the Enquire button and click View Quote.
It will take you to the Request a Quote page. You can find a form that the customer can use to contact you to enquire about the product.
The details submitted from this form are stored in Submitted Quotes.
Go to Woosuite>>Request a Quote>>Submitted Quotes.
This article presents the tutorial to create the WooCommerce Product Enquiry Form using the Woosuite Core plugin. We hope that yocan nowto create a product enquiry form for your eCommerce site.